Saturday, August 7, 2010

Saturday Morning Swim Time

On Saturday mornings we go to the Y down the road and take swim classes.  

Rhys: I swim and swim all around  the pool with Daddy.  I don't like putting my face in the water, though Daddy makes me at times.  Yuck!

Noah: (sighs) I don't like to go and do the swimming exercises but Daddy just told me today that I need to try.  So I'll try next time.  Do I have to try every time though?

The Mommy: Beginner classes for the boys where they play in the water and learn important techniques like floating on their back, floating on their front, kicking with their legs and most importantly putting their head underneath the water.  That last one's a challenge for them both. Rhys gets to have his Daddy in the pool with him while Noah is in class sans parent, though I am always standing on the side, with Baby Owen strapped to me, encouraging him on (and of course, helping him to focus).   Such is our Saturday mornings...

No comments:

Post a Comment